|Bobby Flay's Crunchy Avocado Salad|
I do a couple of things different from Bobby Flay's recipe. I add cilantro along with parsley, and I use black olives, and as far as the champagne vinegar goes, I use whatever flavor of vinegar I happen to have (raspberry vinegar is pretty yummy in it). And last time I made this I used taco flavor chips. However you make it, I think the cumin in the dressing is a key ingredient.
A lot of times, I make this ahead of time and then just add the avocados and chips right before dinner.
Try it soon! You will be so glad that you did!
Crunchy Avocado Salad
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled, pitted and diced
- 2 ripe beefsteak tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup pitted nicoise olives, roughly chopped
- 1 cup canned chickpeas, drained, rinsed and drained again
- 2 tablespoons roughly torn flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup champagne vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 ounces blue corn tortilla chips