Sunday, March 11, 2012

Crunchy Avocado Salad

Bobby Flay's Crunchy Avocado Salad

I do a couple of things different from Bobby Flay's recipe.  I add cilantro along with parsley, and I use black olives, and as far as the champagne vinegar goes, I use whatever flavor of vinegar I happen to have (raspberry vinegar is pretty yummy in it).  And last time I made this I used taco flavor chips.  However you make it, I think the cumin in the dressing is a key ingredient.  

A lot of times, I make this ahead of time and then just add the avocados and chips right before dinner.

Try it soon!  You will be so glad that you did!

 

Crunchy Avocado Salad

Ingredients

  • 2 ripe avocados, peeled, pitted and diced
  • 2 ripe beefsteak tomatoes, diced
  • 1/2 cup pitted nicoise olives, roughly chopped
  • 1 cup canned chickpeas, drained, rinsed and drained again
  • 2 tablespoons roughly torn flat-leaf parsley
  • 1/4 cup champagne vinegar
  • 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
  • 1 teaspoon ground cumin
  • 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
  • Salt and freshly ground black pepper
  • 2 ounces blue corn tortilla chips

Directions

Gently toss the avocados, tomatoes, olives, chickpeas, parsley, vinegar, olive oil, cumin, paprika, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Crumble the chips over the top and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment