Tuesday, December 4, 2012

My My My...Tomato Pie

My My My Tomato Pie

Ingredients


  • One pre-made 9-inch pie shell, baked as directed
  • 1-2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
  • 1-2 tablespoons butter, melted
  • sprinkle of grated Parmesan
  • half of an onion, sliced thinly
  • olive oil (or garlic infused olive oil)
  • 4 tomatoes, peeled and sliced
  • Salt and freshly ground black pepper
  • 4 ounces Colby-Monterey blend, grated
  • 4 ounces yellow Cheddar, grated
  • 1/3 cup grated Parmesan
  • 2-3 teaspoons dried Oregano

 

 

Directions

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.

Sautee onion in oil and set aside.

After pie crust is baked according to package, spread the inside of the pie crust with melted butter, mustard, and Parmesan. Layer the first half of tomatoes in the crust and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and oregano. Top with the sauteed onions then top with half of cheeses. Repeat tomato and cheese layers. Sprinkle with Parmesan and Oregano.

Bake until bubbly, about 20 minutes. Let cool. Serve at room temperature.

Good stuff!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment